Therapist Background Information
Specialization and Experience
Insurance and Rates
On-line Payment Option
Contact Information and Office Location
In-Network Insurance and Employee Assistance Programs
If you do not see your insurance Medical Plan or Employee Assistance Program listed below call (740) 856-8767 as new insurance plans are always being added.
- Aetna Resources for Living EAP
- Anthem Wellpoint EAP
- Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Buckeye Community Health/Cenpatico
- Carebridge EAP
- Ceridian EAP
- CoreSource OSU
- Employee Benefits Concepts
- First Sun EAP
- Health Net
- Integrated Behavioral Health (IBH) EAP
- Impact Solutions
- Magellan/Magellan EAP
- Matrix EAP
- Medical Mutual
- MHN - Managed Health Network
- Mines and Associates
- MultiPlan Network (ValuePoint, & American LifeCare)
- Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation
- OhioHealth EAP
- OSU Primary Care and Student Health
- PHCS Network (both Savility and PHCS Network)
- Optum Health
- United Behavioral Health Community Plan
- United Behavioral Health
- United Health Care
- United Student Resources (Ohio University Student Insurance)
- Value Options
- Use of Health Care Spending Accounts HSA and HRA's
Other insurance companies are accepted, but may be considered out-of-network.
Please check your coverage carefully by asking your insurance carrier the following questions:
- What are my behavioral health benefit amounts?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per calendar year does my plan cover?
- Do I have to get pre-approval for services and from whom, my primary care physician?
- How much or what percentage does my plan cover for out-of-network providers?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session, and do I have a co-pay?
Fees and Payment Options
Deductible amounts, co-payments and coinsurance amounts are due at the time of service. All
other amounts are due upon receipt of invoice. Cash or debit/credit card are accepted for payment. Session fees are determined by your primary insurance carrier or EAP provider. Self-pay rates are available.
The Cancellation policy requires that you give 48-hours notice of cancellation.
Shawn D. King, Ph.D., MScM, MSW, LISW-S
(Ohio license I.1101401)
507 Richland Avenue, Suite #203A,
Athens, OH 45701
Directions for Athens Office Location From -Google Maps
Serving the following areas
in Southeastern Ohio: Athens, Jackson, Glouster, Amesville, Zannesville, Pomeroy, Ohio University Campus Area, Chauncey, The Plains, Nelsonville, Logan, Hocking Hills, Lancaster, Belpre,
Albany, Coolville, Millfield, Sugar Grove, Sugar Creek, Parkersburg, and Marietta.